Friday, December 19, 2014

Wrapping Up the Week

Things are finally put up and away....well, there is one box left of the Big Christmas Mess. The girls need to finish putting up ornaments. If it's not done by tomorrow...box goes away!

Last week S had her Christmas play at school A Suessical Christmas. She was fabulous. If I do say so myself, she was the best. Not at all saying that because she is my daughter..nope, not one bit. (seriously, she was better :) ). There was also my school's Christmas play. I love to see the little kids sing and dance their little hearts out. You can see their little personalities shine!!

H is all finished with school. Apparently Jr. College finals aren't that difficult. She said she didn't have a problem with them at all. Fingers crossed that the grades are good!

I've still been working on some ornaments to exchange with both sides of the family. I still need a couple of more to do though. Here is one I made for my sister. When my Mom was moving out of her home in May she and my sister came cross this little dress that we wore when we were little. We even used it on our baby dolls.


I really wasn't sure what I was going to do with it so I searched around on pinterest and came up with a rosette idea. Now, I am not very good with fabric. I've tried in the past. I guess I just need more practice. I cut up some strips and wound them together. Simple. But I still don't think I did it right...like I said....more practice.





It was really hard first cutting into it. I am a self confessed sentimental hoarder. I don't want to be but I am. If it has any kind of emotional memory connected to it I want to save it. But I was a big girl and did it. As you can see, I'm not really all that good at making rosettes. But I really enjoyed it. I think I am going to hit the craft store for some fabric scraps after the holidays and play around :)

This it it. The finished project. Well, I may yet add some lace somewhere. It just isn't looking polished enough. Kind of like a 6 year old made it. What ever I do, I know my sister will appreciate it.

So today is Friday and we have the teacher party at school. Since I'm not at the school that much anymore I wasn't sure if I was going to go. But I love those ladies so I'll be heading off at lunch time. S will be finished at 9:30 this morning. Don't even get me started on them going to school for only one final today...they have been getting out early all week and could have tacked it on the end of an earlier day...wait...Ahhh, I'm getting started...shutting it down now before the post gets hijacked :).
Anyway, once the party is over....2 glorious weeks of no school. I love the first week of no schedules. By the end of the 2nd week, I'm ready to get back into the swing of things.

Here's to you all having a great week ahead...Yay, Christmas is coming!!

No comments:

Post a Comment