Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Valentine's...REALLY

Ok, so I wasn't planning on writing today but I couldn't help it. I'm shocked. I'm appalled. I'm flabbergasted. I'm. I'm. I'm. Oh, there are no more words. Why, you ask? I was at Wal-mart yesterday getting some milk. I really hated going AGAIN to the store but it had to be done. And what do I see where the Christmas candies etc should be? Yep. Valentine's candy etc. VALENTINE'S stuff. Really? Come on. At least have the common decency to wait till after Christmas. I thought it was bad enough that Christmas was out in October but this...this takes the cake. When will this end? Do we boycott and not buy until the correct month the holiday is in? I've tried that. Everything is gone by that time. At least my girls are in High School and I don't have to do the whole Valentine goody bag hullabaloo. Boy am I glad that part of parenting is over :)

So here's to all the joy THIS holiday brings. And yes, I'm saying "holiday". Because it is a "holy-day" (Middle English, from Old English hāligdæg, from hālig holy + dæg day). May the peace of Christ fill your hearts and the coming year. Merry Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment