Monday, December 15, 2014

Birthday Weekend

I have had the best birthday weekend ever! I went to spend it with two of my best friends ever in my home town. It was so good to spend time with them. They even surprised me with having my oldest daughter come stay for the weekend too!! I was helping my friend get her boys out of the car seat when I saw her running up the driveway. Now, it was about 9 'o'clock at night soI couldn't really see who it was. It really was a surprise when I finally could see who that crazy person was running up to the van.
One friend treated me to a fantastic lunch. Oh. My. Goodness. The salad I had was fabulous. It was a spinach salad with a hot bacon dressing. WOW! Very good. She also treated me to a manicure. It has been at about 31 yrs. since I have had a manicure. She made fun of me for only getting clear polish. I'm just not a colored nail kind of gal :)
The best part...and I went on and on about it... was the cake. You have to understand. I am a VERY picky person when it comes to my cake. I am a vanilla cake/ buttercream only person. Other cakes are good. But if its for my birthday it has to be vanilla/buttercream. AND it has to have a Christmas theme to it. I think that started when my Mom got tired of making cakes for me and just started getting them from the grocery store. I cab remember when she came home with the first one and being thrilled and enthralled with the little Santa on the cake.
Since my friend said she was going to get my cake I jokingly gave her my demands....not expecting much. MY SWEET AUNT NELL!!! It was FABULOUS!! It was perfect. Not just visually either. Best cake I have ever had. I'm still raving over it! It's me in cake form :)
My friends are the best!







2 comments:

  1. Belated happy birthday wishes. Glad you enjoyed your weekend so much. The cake looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. The cake WAS fabulous....I'm still ga-ga over it :)

    ReplyDelete