Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Baby Blanket Update

Well hello there. I'm in an odd mood today. Happy and sad all at once. Happy because the temperature is lovely--I've got my doors open. It's really quite nice. I'm also crocheting...always makes me happy. Sad a bit because I went and put some flowers on my Dad's grave today. I miss him terribly!! But it was cool and sunny...one of his favorite types of day. Ok...onward and upwards :)

Ahhh, the Angel Tree baby blanket. It is coming along. Almost done. I have a few ends to tidy up and a last row to attach and then the border(though I may have to make another row if it isn't quite big enough.) It will be 5 rowsby 5 rows...7 rounds to the granny. Not sure how big I will  do the border yet though. I may just do several rounds of the light blue then just a couple of brown with some kind of scallopy edge. I guess I'll just wing it. I really am a bit paranoid I'm going to be finishing it as I'm wrapping it. I have so much to do other than crochet. I will be going out of town this weekend so I don't have those two days to really get busy. I will be celebrating my birthday with my two best friends from high school. We all live with in a several hour radius from each other so we try to get together at least once a year. Nothing fancy this time, just getting together and hanging out. Oh, and if you were wondering what # the birthday is, it is # 49. Wow. I never pictured myself that age. I don't feel it...well, maybe in the aches and pains of my body, but not mentally. Oh, not mentally--to the embarrassment of my girls.








As you can see I have lots of help with my crocheting. Bunny is a true lap cat. She will get in your lap where ever and how ever it is situated :) She must have stayed at least 30 minutes crammed under the table like that. And then there is my sweet Bella who just likes to walk back and forth in front of me meowing.
 I really am a bit further along then these photos show. Here's to hoping I have a completed blanket by Monday to show you!

I worked a bit on it this morning out by the bay again. This time I took a couple of pictures. My little town isn't all that beautiful but sheesh, the bay sure is :)






Sometimes I wish I lived in a more wooded area but then on mornings like this I am truly grateful for the bay. Love, love, love it :)

1 comment:

  1. Love your baby blanket - the colours are gorgeous. I'm older than you and still can't believe I'm over 40. Except for the aches and pains!

    ReplyDelete