Wednesday, January 28, 2015

January

Ah, January. I have had a love hate relationship with January this year.Mainly because of the weather. It just can't seem to make up it's mind on how it is supposed to be. One minute it's cold...the next it's not. One minute it's raining....the next it's a beautiful sunny day. I guess that's Texas for ya! Oh, these last few days. I have been a happy camper with these sunny days. I even got outside and spray painted an old toy box. More on that later

My Mom and sister came for a visit. Of course, those were the days that it was cold and raining. The day they left turned out beautiful. We had lunch with my Dad's sisters on one day. Then spent the rest of the day on Pinterest looking up a gazillion ways to turn cheap junk into fabulous holiday creations. Then the next day we went to Goodwill and Hobby Lobby to get the stuff we needed to have a go at it. Well, my sister did. I really didn't find too much. Just a Santa shirt for H and a cool box for S. We will be sanding it and re-staining it. She is excited about that.

I also got a new camera.Yay, me :) I have been trying to find places to use it but I really have been stuck here at home. I have gone on a few neighborhood walks and taken some. Also playing around in the back yard. At the end of the post I'll throw some pics in of my random shots :)

We had a bit of drama with S a few weeks ago too. She was spending the night with a friend when they found a little kitty with a broken paw on their doorstep. Needless to say I had a call from her..in tears no less...begging if we could take it. No way jose'! I did NOT want to get saddled with a hurt cat. Poor S. She cried and cried. The little kitty ended up having a collapsed lung and passed away the next day or so. It was very traumatic those few days.

I have added two more WIPs to my large WIP list. We were heading to my oldest's home to finally do Christmas and I brought a project to do but it wasn't working out so I started another easy grannysquare. It will be pink and black with Minnie Mouse on it( no pics yet). And I found out that my other niece--sister to the one that was married on October-- will most probably be getting married this year too. Sooooo, I just had to start her wedding blanket too. I will need LOTS of time to do hers.  Here's why.

Ugghhh. I really don't know why I wanted to try one of these. Each little square in only one round of a granny. This is going to be SO time consuming. And I KNOW I am going to get SO bored crocheting 693 white squares. I might have to tweak how I do the squares a bit. Maybe just fill in around Mickey with the squares then go to bordering granny stripes in white. Hmmm...I'll have to think on that.

That's pretty much what has been going on in January, so without further ado, my random pics with my new camera.
 My Lantana. My Mom calls it a volunteer. I'm guessing because it just sprung up on it's own.


 These next few were on my walk a couple of days ago. It was such a beautiful evening.





 These were from another walk a couple of days later at another location. Again, another beautiful time of day.

 Hmmm. Not exactly the shot I was going for.






I have to say that so far I am really liking my camera's zoom. Not sure about all the other stuff yet...well, there really isn't a lot of other stuff too it. It is a pretty simple canon. Which I like :)

Alrighty then, I'm off to go to school for a bit to see how things are going for Catholic Schools Week. I got to meet Olaf from Frozen on Monday. Wonder what today will bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment