Friday, January 2, 2015

Finishing Off the Old Year pt 1



Galveston. This is the seawall looking out. It was a cloudy humid day. That is until about five o'clock in the afternoon when the cold front came in. Which wasn't long before we started our walk around Moody Gardens Festival of Lights. Oh. My. Goodness. It was cold.



I'm only posting two pictures. I was just too darn cold to take really good ones. I was a-shiverin' :) I am a southern girl. I like it to be mostly warm! It was fun though. I really enjoyed getting to see all of the in-laws. We aren't able to get together as much as we used to. Now that all our own children are getting older and moving off and starting their own families it gets a little tough. 

Take a look at the difference in these next two photos.


I just have to chuckle. The first picture is the view from my in-laws hotel room. That is Moody Gardens right out their window. Beautiful! The next one....the view from our hotel room. That is the "partial beach view" room that we got. The beach IS there. You just have to look really hard but it's there. But little beach view is always, ALWAYS, better than NO beach view!!

No comments:

Post a Comment