Saturday, November 8, 2014

Yes, Its Been Awhile

I know, shame on me for being gone for so long. This seems to me my modus operandi :) Geez I need to look back to see when my last post was to see where I need to start. Ahhh, it was the morning glories.

Let see. I posted my Harry Potter blanket. I am pleased to say that she LOVED it. It makes my heart happy to know it will be loved. Every time I crochet something and give it away it's like sending one of my children out to make their way in the world. It's kind of bittersweet. I love giving them away but at the same time I miss it. Though with this one it gave me an ulcer....why, you ask? Because it took it nearly two weeks to get to my niece. For some reason it had a different zip code on it. Can't for the life of me think of who could have put the wrong zip on it....she says as she inconspicuously looks around for someone to blame :) The thought of it being lost out there in no man's land was giving me an upset stomach...really. But I called on St. Anthony and he found it and sent it on its way.
For those of you who are not Catholic here is a snippet about him.I always seem to be calling on him to help me find things...this is the prayer "Dear St. Anthony please come around something's lost and can't be found if you find it bring it to me dear St Anthony I love thee." And every time you ask St. Anthony for help..and you get it, you are supposed to give some money to the poor. St. Anthony loved helping the poor.

So my niece finally got the blanket and I must brag just a weeny bit. She said it was the best wedding present ever!! I'm just happy she got it :)

I have several other projects I am working on at the moment. I've started on H's Houston Texans blanket...it's going to be a toughy. I have a friend that wants a chunky slouchy hat/or ear cover. And I am having a difficult time finding a pattern that I'm good with and works with chunky yarn. I'm just not very good at figuring out the different hooks with the different yarn when the pattern calls for something else. I also need to start a slouchy hat for S as well as a Dr. Who scarf. AND my niece ( the same as above) wants cat butt coasters. Yes, I said cat but. Here is an example.
I got the pattern from here. They are so cute!!! Kind of gross but still so cute :)

I've also finished a few other projects that I'll add to another post. Hopefully I'll get to it tomorrow.





No comments:

Post a Comment