Wednesday, March 12, 2014

We are on spring break here. I thought I would do something fun with the girls. Maybe drive them up to Houston to the zoo. Since my oldest lives in Houston it would be perfect! We could pick her up and make a day of it. My Mom said she would go too.Absolutely Fabulous!! All us girls having a great time with the animals. It has been a couple of years since we have been to the zoo. What could go wrong? Did I mention it was spring break? Apparently EVERYONE in Houston decided to go to the zoo yesterday. We never made it. I don't know how long we drove around. We finally just decided to go to the mall and do a little shopping. My oldest was happy for that. She needed a few tops and it's been a while since she had MOM there to buy her anything :) So we hit a few stores, I spent a few dollars and my Mom was a trooper going to all the teenage shops with us.She even hung in there with the girls in Hot Topic. Though the music just about made her want to hit somebody. Screamo isn't her thing :) It was a long but fun day. We were gone about 13 hrs.

One plus was stopping at Buc-ee's. If you don't know what Buc-ee's is, it is a convenience store in Texas. The BEST convenience store ANYWHERE!! You can learn more here . Every time I stop I have to get the red sour balls. They are just my weakness. You should come to Texas just to go to a Buc-ee's!! Though every thing else in Texas is pretty grand too.

So that was our day yesterday. Today we are taking it easy and doing a bit of lite cleaning/laundry around the house. Tomorrow....another adventure awaits. We are going to try and go to the Texas State Aquarium in Corpus Christi. We'll see how that goes. And then, of course, some more shopping. My middle daughter is going to prom so we are going to look for a dress. We are excited about that :) Mom is coming too...she really is a trooper. She will be 70 in a couple of months and she can hang with the best of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment