Sunday, March 30, 2014

This and That and Thank You Lord, its spring

Since spring break not much has really been going on here....yet it seems like I have been very busy. H (middle daughter) had a choir performance. She was a bit bummed. It was the next to the last choir performance she will do in high school. S ( third daughter) got to go as an alternate to a UIL (drama) competition. Basically to see how it goes so she will know what to do next year. She is very excited!

I'm gearing up to start my new blanket for my niece. I've been impatient because I haven't had time to buy the yarn. The closest ,non-Walmart, store that sales yarn is about 45 minutes away. I'm waiting for a free Saturday to go shop til I'm yarned out. I am just giddy with excitement about starting the Harry Potter blanket.

The girls had a lockdown at school the other day. Get this, a kid robs a convenient store at about 8 am, walks across the highway (though its a highway its still rather small) to the McDonalds, tosses the air pistol he was using in a garbage can, and then proceeds to the high school to finish his day. Yep. I'm guessing he thought he could slip back into school and no one would be the wiser. What I find hysterical(not really) is that they locked the guy in with all the other students and had no clue what they were doing. What if he had had a real gun and taken it with him? All hell could have broken loose.

That takes care of the this and that, now onto thanking God that it is spring!!!! I am TRULY thankful that it is spring. I am not much of a winter person. I used to love winter. Now I just want it to be cold during Christmas break. That's it. No more. Good thing I live in Texas where the winters are not usually very long or cold.
I don't have any blooming flower pics to share but I do have some of a mockingbird. Enjoy!
 He was just a sweet little poser
And the he gave me this look

No comments:

Post a Comment