Saturday, August 22, 2015

Busy, Busy, Busy

Yeppers, its the busy time of year again. Letting go of summer and grabbing onto the new school year!
But first...S's birthday. It's still so hard to believe that my little surprise is 17. Surprise? Yep, she was our oops baby. But not really an oops though. I kind of knew she was coming. On Thanksgiving weekend in 1997 I had a dream that God asked me if I trusted him. I knew that He was referring to babies. I somewhat, hesitatingly, said yes. Well, 2 weeks later I was pregnant. It was really weird. After that dream I just knew that I was going to have a baby. We hadn't planned on more that 2 kids but we got more that 2 kids :) I've loved every minute of it!!!!! 



So here is her birthday cake. You can see her love of "nerd" culture :) Not said in any derogatory way. It's very unique too! The Hulk shirt, the Ninja Turtle candles and the One Piece logo. I'm sure you all recognize the Hulk and Turtles but the One Piece may be a bit unfamiliar. Unless, of course, you are into Manga! I haven't really looked into the One Piece stuff yet but its a Manga about pirates. I have promised S that I would sit down today and watch it with her. Not my favorite genre but for my girl I'll watch it.

School started for me on Tuesday. I've got all the Star testing to get done before I take off for Disney. We have quite a few new students so it might take a bit longer than normal. I really did miss my kids. At first I wasn't sure I wanted to come back this year. But looking at those faces and getting the hugs from the little boys who you wouldn't think would give hugs is just priceless!!

S starts school on Monday. A Junior in HS. I'm not sure she is ready. It kind of snuck up on her! We don't quite have all the school clothes we were looking for but we have plenty of time to go back after I get home from Disney.

Do you see  how I keep mentioning Disney? Bahahaha. I have 17 days!!!!!!!!!!
I can't stand it!!!!!!! I am SO excited. Just my sister and I. We  will be celebrating my 50th. A few months early but we won't tell anyone! I've been packing and re-packing since day 30 I think...if not sooner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment