Tuesday, July 29, 2014

5 Days

Yep, 5 Days. Only 5 Days. That's how many days until we leave for Disneyworld!!! We leave Sunday for the 8 hr drive to my Sister's. We will spend the night and get to visit with my Mom(whom I haven't seen since May). That alone is worth the trip. But then we are up bright and early and driving another 11ish hours to the Happiest Place on Earth!

Some of you may wonder why I chose to do all that driving. I'm sure you are thinking flying would be so much easier and quicker. Maybe. But we are die-hard travelers. I was raised taking road trips. My kids too. What with all the moves we had to make plus visiting family my girls practically grew up in the back of a vehicle. We love road trips. So that is pretty much the # 1 reason for us driving. Plus it comes out a bit cheaper. And...I'm a bit claustrophobic so I don't know how I would do on a plane. I've flown before but that was more than 20 yrs ago. I always joke that I would have to make sure I'm on a flight that serves alcohol. So driving it is!

We will be staying 4 days/5 nights.Our resort of choice is the All-Star Movies. We are going the cheapest route because we wont be in the room very much. All of our time will be spent in the parks. We chose the All-Star Movies instead of any of the others because we wanted to stay by the giant Buzz and Woody.




Here is my binder that has helped me stay a bit organized. I am not a very organized person so this has truly helped me. Though if I opened it up to show you, I don't think you would find it all that organized. For me though....it works :) You can see a hint of another little Mickey book to the right of my "magic" binder. That is my journal that I will be taking into the parks with me. I put my dining and room reservation #'s, and my itinerary...very rough one...we want to take it easy and go with the flow, and all the hints etc that I have found through the gazillion websites and discussion boards I have perused over the months. I will also be using it to jot down all the fun stuff I want to remember.



Magic Bands. The day these arrived was one of the best EVER. I wanted to jump up and down and squeal like a little girl. Seriously, I almost did. Right there in the middle of the post office. Mine is the red one and H's is the green one. I chose red because it's my favorite color and H chose green because it's Peter Pan's color.
This is what I did with mine:




I put a bit of sparkle to it. I used black nail polish on the Mickey head and glitter polish on the band. I have had several people wonder if it will affect it in any way but from all I have read it doesn't. Here's to hoping it doesn't.

Tomorrow we are off to the dentist...gotta get a filling for H. Then back home to finish off the laundry and start getting last minute stuff together. I've pretty much packed everything but our clothes and toiletries. I just need to get snacks and pic-nic stuff for the drive. Ok, so I even have some of my clothes packed. I think I 'll get the girls to help me clean out the van....maybe even wash it. Sounds good...put them to work.

5 Days!!!!!AARRRGGGHHHH. I can't stand it. I'm so excited.


No comments:

Post a Comment