Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Nieces,weddings and crochet

One of my nieces is getting married in May so I decided to crochet her a blanket for her gift. She is pretty classy so I didn't want any ole' blanket. It took me awhile to figure out what I was going to do but figure it out I did. Will it be nice enough? I don't know. What I decided to do is use a cream tweed yarn(I Love This Yarn-super soft) and just double crochet some squares and  alternate the the squares. Its simple yet has some texture.
Here is a poor quality pic. Bear with me, I'm learning how to use the camera and light and and and all the other good stuff that goes along with it.
I really need to get a move on because I wont be able to go to the wedding but her shower is coming up in a couple of weeks.EGADS!

Now, I also have another niece that is getting married next October. I will also be crocheting her a blanket as well. But this one will be a bit more challenging. Her fiance' and her(is that proper grammar?) love Harry Potter so I thought I would run with that theme. I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to do that yet. But I certainly will post as I go along. I really am looking forward to the challenge!


No comments:

Post a Comment