Imagine my delight when I sent S to get the mail and she came back bearing a package. I am expecting an etsy order. I just had to have some Cath Kidston fabric-at a non-Cath Kidston price. Just bits really but I plan on using them on a Disney shirt...that will come MUCH later. I am also expecting another package from a site called Own The Magic. I was naughty and bought a bed cover that came from the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I really shouldn't have. But I just couldn't help myself. I am a Disney freak. The package wasn't from either one of those places though. It was from a lovely lady named Patti who is from Illinois. My new tea cup buddy. Oh. My. Stars. This lady. It is almost as if she had been peeking into my being. She new exactly what I liked. I don't know how but she did. I really am at a loss for words. I think I will list what she sent and then show the pictures. The pictures...not very good. It's a bit cloudy here so they aren't as bright as I wanted but I'm not going to wait to get these up, the lovely Miss Patti needs to be thanked profusely!!!
It started with the wrapping paper. So cute. S helped me unwrap it all and it just kept getting better. S is only 16, doesn't drink tea but proclaimed that she wanted to be in a tea cup exchange. She does love tea cups though :)
1. The most beautiful tea cup. I have been looking at tea cups lately and I have noticed this kind and decided that I was going to find one like it to buy for myself. I don't need to now. See...Patti was reading my mind :)
2. A little pouch of green buttons...vintage buttons. Again, here recently I have been looking for vintage buttons to go on some of my crochet and other little projects. How does she do it?
3. A cute little tea bag caddy. Seriously, its almost freaky how she knew what I wanted. Just last month I was telling H that I wanted one of these. How cool is it to be able to carry around tea and have it at your finger tips when you need it?
4. A sweet, beautiful hanky. So lovely. I've put it on some tea canisters in my hoosier cabinet.
5. And a sheet of paper with cute little sayings for cute little kids.
I am overwhelmed with gratitude.
For give the interruption of one nosey cat
Look how cute the envelope is!!!
All this makes me feel a bit inadequate in what I sent to my other new tea cup friend Wanda from California. All I sent was a tea cup, some Texas tea and a Texas cup towel. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of those...what was I thinking? So I will be sending letters off to both of these lovely ladies in the near future. Feeling quite blessed today!