Saturday, April 18, 2015

Just Another Blah Saturday

The weather is very much blah again!! Cloudy,
cloudy with bits of rain here and there. Some very big bits of rain too. We lost power for a bit on Thursday and the next town over had some minor damage due to a tornado.  I'm so very grateful it missed us and no one was hurt!

I've been filling in at school with the pre-k 4 class. Wow! I love kids SO much but I am glad I'm not in there all the time anymore. It was a rough week. 16 of those little cutie pies. Some were very challenging!!! Sweeties but challenging!

Last Sunday S and I went to my Aunt's house for a visit and to go through some stuff she has collected over the years. Her and her Husband have been going to auctions and estate sales for about 15 yrs. They have decided tosale their house so she is needing to purge. I did my best to help her out but I don't think I made much of a dent :-)

Here is what I brought home. Not a bad haul.



I got some good Christmas stuff. Lots of cute vintage ornaments, quite a few brass candle sticks, S got a few figurines. I just had a great time. Not only did I get some goodies but I got to spend some time with my Aunt!

Even with it being quite blah today I really tried to be outside. It's just not working for me. I did manage to get a few pictures of some of the stuff I'm growing.


There are actually the first flower's I have ever been able to grow from seeds! I just don't seem to have a green thumb when it comes to flowers. Don't ask me what kind they are because I have no idea :) They are part of a wild seed package. I just sprinkled them in the bucket and woohoo they grew!



If you look real close you can see the jalapeƱo growing. My husband picked these out. He lovers to make poppers for the grill. And if you don't happen to know what poppersare-- they are jalapeƱos stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon....at least that is our version... so good!!!!





And these are my wild poinsettia fluffing out and my aloe vera blooming. The poinsettia sprouted on its own from one of my mom's plants and the aloe I got almost 25 yrs ago from a guy my husband worked with. We were still newlyweds and it was one of my very first plants. I love that it is still going strong!! Like my marriage !!!???!!! Haha. 

Well, I think the dreariness has really gotten to me. I might just have to curl up on the couch and watch a movie and finish off one of my crochet projects.  More on that later :)

HoPe ya'll are having a great weekend!!


No comments:

Post a Comment